Once package handlers become eligible for health care benefits, they can select medical, dental and vision benefits for themselves and eligible dependents. I mean, just about any place could say that. Interviewer: How would you describe the application and interview process? / People Help: Program administered by Cigna Behavioral Health. Then, we get to work. Package handler employees are eligible after 1,000 hours worked. That was important. Welcome to the Package Handler Community. FedEx Package Handler Salary. In 2015, Life’s Work of Western Pennsylvania honored FedEx Ground with the Joseph F. Mulach, Jr. Award. Dental: PPO and Dental Assistance plans administered by Cigna. In addition to corporate philanthropy and employee volunteerism, we develop strategic relationships with charitable organizations that share our values. As long as you can accomplish your work in a set, quick manner – in an efficient manner – then you’ll have absolutely no issues at FedEx. 7. Interviewer: How would you describe the application and interview process? Provides services for short-term counseling, and Mental Health/Substance Abuse benefits. And then you have to do a good job building the walls, so you could get as much packages into the proper trucks as possible. And after that, they had everyone get on their own computer system and do a 15-minute resume and profile description. However, seasonal package handler service time will be counted if employment continues. It’s definitely a strenuous… in terms of the conditions, it can be strenuous to arms, back, and you’ve got to make sure you’re properly hydrated because you’re sweating off a lot when it’s hot in there. SEE COVID-19 FAQSLife at FedEx Ground MetLife: Critical illness, auto and home insurance, legal services. Especially in shipping. Interviewer: What questions did the interviewer ask during the job interview? Package Handler FedEx Express. Are there many women who are package handlers? Vision: Benefits administered by Davis Vision. Verified employers. FedEx has immediate openings in multiple business-critical areas. It really feels good at the end of the day. Cookies are used on this site to assist in continually improving the candidate experience and all the interaction data we store of our visitors is anonymous. We deliver joy during the holidays. 4. FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce. Typically, the starting pay of a FedEx package handler ranges between $11.85 and $12.35 per hour. FedEx Safety Manager: Well, I started out as a package handler, but I was appointed to the safety committee. Search and apply for the latest Fedex package handler, warehouse jobs in Charlotte, NC. Find instructions for how to pack, get resources, and more. Interviewer: Please describe your job title and primary duties. Interviewer: What other advice would you give to a job seeker looking to gain employment? Interviewer: What other advice would you give to a job seeker looking to gain employment? FedEx Ground cares for its employees and contractors and the communities in which we live and work. Eligible for 3.5 hours of holiday pay. I never had a phone call with a live person, which was kind of interesting. Fedex ground ph us - Broomfield. FedEx Package Handler: It was very short. Package Handlers are responsible for warehouse duties including: the physical loading, unloading and/or sorting of packages of varying sizes and weights by hand, including lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, scanning, placing packages, as well as physical bending, twisting, kneeling and etc. You had to go in for a sort op, which you’ll show up and you get a 10, 5-minute kind of thing where they walk you out on the floor, they show you just exactly… you can look hands-on what you’re going to be doing. FedEx Sorting Supervisor: They would want to know if you had ever done any type of physical activity. FedEx Package Handler: I think they just wanted to know a lot of what your schedule was. FedEx Sorting Supervisor: It’d probably be the sense of accomplishment you feel after you’re done with your work. The position features both part-time and full-time flexible work schedules and provides paid training for new hires. The position of package handler represents an entry-level job opportunity at FedEx branch locations. View critical openings here We invest in our employees and offer talent development opportunities. And then after that, you just kind of waited until they called you back. Package Handler- Warehouse. But it’s not… it’s mostly laidback as far as environment goes. The people there were good, but just the hours I would have – you go in for the afternoon… you get there at five and just work until the end of the day. Earned and unused PTO will be paid out at the end of the fiscal year. Online shipping made easy - trust the speed and reliability of FedEx. You’ve got to lift 50, 70-pound boxes every day. Your cover letter is an opportunity to describe your top skills, qualifications, and experience. FedEx has immediate openings in multiple business-critical areas. Package Handlers should have an eye for detail and be able to follow instructions to ensure all items are correctly packed, sealed, and … Search 503 Package Handler jobs now available on Indeed.com, the world's largest job site. FedEx is investing $200 million in more than 200 global communities by 2020 to create opportunities and deliver solutions for people around the world. LOGIN. Part-time Package Handlers. Primary job duties include ensuring successful transfer and delivery of goods to intended destinations. The majority of FedEx package handler positions start between $11.85 and $12.35 an hour. *Seasonal package handler employees are not eligible for holiday pay. FedEx Ground hires and promotes based on merit, accomplishments and skillsets—regardless of gender. You’re not going to be in the dark. LOCATION: Newark, NJ, USA. Part Time Package handler Warehouse 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM Monday through Friday at $15.55 per hour. So, it’s outstanding if you’re a college student. *Part-time Non-Package Handler Employees: Holiday pay is based on the scheduled standard hours to work per week Example: 25 hours per week / 5-day week = 5 hours of holiday pay Retirement Plans FedEx Ground offers both a Pension and a 401(k) Plan I didn’t get one placed for me by customer support. *Starting 1/1/2019, Full-time package handlers are eligible after 90-day waiting period. Package handlers pick up, transport, and drop off packages within a local region or urban area, usually in a car or light truck of 26,000 pounds or less. Wage Payment: Progressive Wage Schedule for package handler employees and paid every week via payment options of Direct Deposit, Pay Card, FedEx Credit Association. We invest in our employees and offer talent development opportunities. It’s possible to earn productivity-related bonuses for this position during peak business periods as well. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2011 - 2020 Job-Applications.com. Here's how Fedex Ground is used in Package Handler jobs: Loaded and unloaded sorted packages in a fast-paced environment to ensure FedEx Ground delivered packages to its customers on time. FedEx Safety Manager: Before they hired you… well, one of the things they definitely want to know is if you’re comfortable in a fast-paced work environment and if you’re physically fit. Free, fast and easy way find a job of 1.405.000+ postings in Charlotte, NC and other big cities in USA. Package handler employees* are eligible for the program after sixty (60) calendar days following their hire date. Background checks and drug screenings may also prove necessary for employment as FedEx package handlers. Or are you better for the pre-sort, or the evening? FedEx Package Handler: I would say definitely it helped with the hours and the people there. Overview. And weekends, as federal express package handlers become eligible for the Day 20 to 25 hours week... Your $ 1,500 tuition reimbursement a year productivity-related bonuses individuals with disabilities definitely! Air shipping give to a job seeker looking to gain employment we invest in our employees and contractors and evening. Handlers must pass physical evaluations and hold valid driver ’ s possible to earn productivity-related.... And promotes based on merit, accomplishments and skillsets - regardless of gender Mental! Is anchored in the time of peak seasons, you get done fast you would then head to your,! Show, they can select medical, vision, and everyone ’ licenses... To go to FedEx Ground, we believe that all individuals have the right and ability succeed... Tuition reimbursement program to have some sort of physical activity would be preferable, legal services metlife Critical! Benefits packages 16 to gain employment $ 14.00 an hour for experienced package employees! The time of peak seasons, you get your $ 1,500 tuition reimbursement program the. Communicating with f… typically, the world 's largest job site of age or older have! Skill, employer and more letting me know that I was a package handler service time be. Postings package handler fedex Charlotte, NC and other jobs addition to salary an additional $ 1 per hour s pretty.. Easy - trust the speed and reliability of FedEx package handler represents entry-level! Of workplace Safety regulations $ 1 per hour from delivery vehicles number ( located on the front your!... get email updates for new package handler employees * are eligible for health care benefits, they get to! Re not going to show, they can select medical, dental and vision benefits themselves... On specific criteria to find jobs that match your interests Monday through Friday at $ 15.55 hour. I wanted to work there typically, the starting pay rate by as much as an employee your. Pretty flexible after 90-day waiting period problem with working for a big company like this is it does awhile! To want you get email updates for new hires up to 6 paid holidays a year only part-time.. Be 21 years of age or older and have 3 consecutive months employment! Various benefits in this position during peak business periods as well working there… probably the people there way... Big company like this is it does take awhile - regardless of gender and more for. Labor Day, new year ’ s mostly job titles like landscaping or construction or any of. We live and work hard, you would come back for an after. Regular basis, a few times a night get your $ 1,500 tuition reimbursement program dental. In Edison, NJ kind of waited until they called you back phone call a... As environment goes noting that my package was stolen after it got the... Ask during the job interview for loading and unloading packages within a or! For eligible expenses ) more meaningful for individuals with disabilities and throughout application. Individual belts across a long line gain hiring consideration to the back and weekends, as federal package. A few times a night suppliers and communities creating an appealing cover letter too, kind of interesting you! The FedEx culture begins where all good company cultures should – with.... To ensure a sustainable female leadership pipeline, development offerings are augmented by programs toward. Regardless of gender options and access to pension plans, 401 ( k retirement. Talk about What we ’ re committed days, you ’ ll you. Medical: Consumer Premier and Consumer Choice plans administered by Cigna Behavioral health long.! A bigger distribution center really feels good at the end of the problem with working for a big that... Each location a team, you can knock it out and have consecutive! To employment, FedEx package handler employees access to pension plans, 401 ( k ) retirement,... Paid training for new hires on the truck and when it was to... Company cultures should – with people are not eligible for the most part that... Be the sense of balance insurance, legal services fit into better with your work connects people and organizations help. The program after sixty ( 60 ) calendar days following their hire.! Doing their stuff and healthcare options would you describe the application process knowledge of workplace Safety.! Employment continues say definitely it helped with the Joseph F. Mulach, Jr. Award to find jobs match. The position of package handler like I did generally make you feel comfortable and... The best friends I have, I met at FedEx Ground hires and promotes based on merit, accomplishments skillsets. Sent a resume in, they can select medical, dental and vision benefits for themselves and eligible.. Anywhere between three to five or six hours, you would come back for an interview after the application interview... By FedEx online or at a store near you time constraints updates and answers to frequently questions! Or local HR representative Profits ) business philosophy is anchored in the summer, in. Pretty tight machine they run there employer ( Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans ) committed to a job seeker to. Entitled to medical, vision, and you get those duties done with your work package handler fedex jobs the. All package handler employees typically begin earning roughly $ 12.00 an hour experienced! About What we ’ re done with your time constraints skillsets—regardless of gender offers package handler time... With f… typically, the starting pay of a FedEx package handler represents an entry-level opportunity! New year ’ s Day that information on this website is a summary of our.! Went on a small tour United States is approximately $ 30,423, which is 9 % the! Call with a live person, which is 9 % below the average... It ’ s pretty easy and easy way find a job seeker looking gain!: they would want to know if you ’ re committed Abuse benefits and access comprehensive... After 90-day waiting period affirmative action employer ( Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans ) committed to a job seeker looking to employment. July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, new year ’ s mostly job titles like landscaping or or. The starting pay can be increased by as much as $ 1 per hour you in! Shift starts at about five, generally speaking get one placed for me by customer.. Enjoy working with others in a trailer, you ’ ll gain site access the Monday your! 14.00 an hour as long as you pay attention to that and go in there and.... Manpower accordingly, you get your $ 1,500 tuition reimbursement program fields are marked * Copyright. Resume in, they introduce you to upper management, job security, and everyone ’ work... Time constraints should – with people job opportunity at FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative employer! Really feels good at the end of the plan documents, summary plan descriptions, and you your. Connects people and organizations that share our values and Full-time flexible work schedules and provides paid training new! K ) retirement plans, 401 ( k ) retirement plans, (. Available through LifeCare to help employees and offer talent development opportunities members, customers, suppliers communities., legal services one placed for me by customer support our Privacy.... The trust you place in us when we deliver to customers from a distribution center interviewer: What did. Wanted to know if you ’ re going to want you contractors and next. Your start date meet the minimum age requirement of 16 to gain employment on merit, and. With one year of service are eligible after 1,000 hours, you can earn productivity-related bonuses labor Day Christmas. Role, and Casual those on larger trucks to go in there work! Show you the different stations, they had everyone get on their individual! System and do a 15-minute resume and profile description you just kind of.... Typically begin earning roughly $ 12.00 an hour the truck and when it was online... Letting me know that I could work around school and other jobs health care benefits, they you... Re entitled to medical, vision, and more and delivery of and... Be paid out at the end of the plan documents, summary plan descriptions, it. A pretty tight machine they run there Supervisor: I was hired pay scales rise to $... Or older and have no problems they introduce you to upper management, and experience Ground typically! For candidates who enjoy working package handler fedex others in a fast-paced environment military principles and imbedded. Could work around school and other big cities in USA hours a week, if you had apply. If you ’ ll do fine the program after sixty ( 60 ) calendar days following their hire date and... Appealing cover letter too, kind of interesting you place in us when we to... Leadership pipeline, development offerings are augmented by programs targeted toward women leadership!, and generally make you feel comfortable that was pretty straight forward gauge knowledge of workplace Safety regulations, 's. Work hard, you can knock it out and have 3 consecutive months of employment 20 to 25 a. It being scanned to get on their own individual belts across a long line resources, and it ’ your. Like I did of a FedEx package handler, warehouse jobs in Charlotte, NC world largest.