01-23-2012, 10:44 AM. Penn. 40 $24.99 $24.99. Delivering heavyweight performance in a lightweight package, the Ardent Summit Hawk Casting Reels are Ardent’s newest flagship line of reels. Carbon X rods will be introduced as freshwater casting and spinning rods suitable for bass fishing, as well as, crappie, walleye, white bass and even trout fishing. The reel is smooth reeling overall, but the side brake cover is impossible to open, and the star drag seems junky. Reels. Ardent Arrow Spinning Reel, Aluminum Spool, Graphite Frame, Rapid Retrieve 5.0:1, 5+1 BB, Full Warranty, USA-Serviced Ardent Reel Butter Lubrication 3 Pack. Most times after I examine them I’m left with the same feeling. My rod locker is stocked full of Shimanos. Great product at a great price. “Fishing has always been a passionate pursuit of mine, from the time I was a small child, we fished,” said Gray. The SILSTAR brand has always stood for quality, reliability, function, contemporary design, innovation and above all value for money. In order to produce high-quality reels that last, Ardent knows the U.S.A. is the best place to manufacture them. Why the fishing industry? How is this possible? While many some manufacturers call using American workers a challenge, Gray disagrees. Ardent - 420 Lake St, Macon, MO 63552 - Rated 4.6 based on 3 Reviews "Best fishing gear I've used! Win up to $10,000 by using Made in America Secrets, it is the only website providing product specific links for Made in America Baitcasting Reels, Manufactured by Ardent and 10,000 other American Made products. I was born and raised here in Missouri. Has affordable American-made fishing equipment gone the route of the Dodo and the passenger pigeon? Yes, Ardent reels are manufactured in our plant in Macon, Missouri USA. If I had known that I would have gotten another Pflueger Arbor or Supreme. Get it as soon as Sat, Sep 19. “In manufacturing there are things like Precision Manufacturing, which is a benefit we have here in the U.S. Burned. Eighteen years later, he sold the business. “I’m an American. The reviews are good and the price point is very good too. Currently, Carbon X rods are being made in Washington where eight craftspeople are producing rods; however, a suitable location in Gray’s home state is currently underway. Creating American products and American jobs is our number one priority, and it sets us apart from any other reel … I live on Clear Lake in CA which is either one or two in the US and we do a lot of pitching and flipping here. Win up to $10,000 by using Made in America Secrets, it is the only website providing product specific links for Made in America Baitcasting Reels, Manufactured by Ardent and 10,000 other American Made products. Are Ardent Reels really Made in the USA? The Senator reels still made in the USA are the 113HN, the 115L (9/0), and the 116L (12/0). Ardent is a 100% American-owned company that designs and manufactures fishing reels and fishing reel accessories. I need several new reels. After fishing with it 10 minutes it developed a knock. Ardent definition, having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love. Being made from nylon the turning action for casting is extremely smooth and has a nice feel to the operation. Using the finest craftsmanship and quality materials, Abel Fly fishing reels are among the best USA made reels. Sent it back to tackle warehouse and got the 1000. Ardent Summit Hawk Casting Reels. The Ardent XS1000 may not be perfect but it does offer quality performance with American design and construction. Every component of the reels is … From the previous discussions, there seem to be a lot of mixed reviews, and probably more negative than positive. I would love to buy a reel made in the USA, but I am not going to buy a underperforming reel just because it is made in the US. When Gray’s role was more active at Ardent reels several pros began using them. Today’s gear might sound familiar using the old same name game, but that is where the similarity ends. This upsets me as I will not buy Chinese if I can help it. I exchanged it for a 1000. That’s right, it all started by a few college friends in Syracuse, New York because they enjoyed their fishing trips on the Finger Lakes. Although many people think that KastKing products , including fishing reels, fishing rods, and fishing line are made in China, that is only partially true. Product Title Ardent Reel Care 3 Step Pack. Finding any of the Made in the USA products in our database is made easy by using our search and navigation buttons. Money is hard to come by and I would rather spend it on a reel because of quality and performance rather than where it is made. American Made Spinning Reels We are compiling an ever growing list of U.S. spinning reel manufacturers & brands, which might include large corporations, small companies and individuals. Ardent is a 100% American-owned company that designs and manufactures fishing reels and fishing reel accessories. Bullet-proof construction is the most important feature of Ardent reels. But I don't like the spool design. I am drawn to a rack of fishing poles like a moth drawn to a flame. The company is famous for their large conventional saltwater reels. I know of a few, Powell, Not to sure about Loomis, was kind of bummed to find out that Dobyens are made in Korea, I was going to get a 705cb glass rod until I read it, Is the new Phoenix rods being made in the US or are they out of country, I don't want to sound like to much of a hypocrites, I use Shimano reels that I suppose are made in Japan, I guess I just want to support rods made in the USA. Burned. The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to unite the union community through conservation to preserve North America’s outdoor heritage. With operations in St. Louis and Macon Missouri Ardent is an American owned company that designs our products in the USA and manufactured overseas to deliver the highest performance at the lowest consumer cost. I need several new reels. Everything says USA made. bridgeman. It is a shame that fishing is so popular in America but we don't make much tackle anymore for it. According to Gray, Carbon X rods are lighter than most of its competitors and will cost about $100 less than its competitors. This video article about where are KastKing fishing tackle products are made may change the way you think. In addition to sporting a brand new profile this aluminum based series makes use of the company's patent pending DTT (Drag Tracking Technology) which is designed to improve line management. David Gray, founder of American made Ardent reels, doesn’t think so, and he has put his money where his mouth is once again by creating Carbon X rods – Made in America by Americans for American anglers. 01-23-2012, 10:44 AM. After graduating from college, Gray opened a tackle store in Kansas City. Got the Ardent reel in the mail yesterday and gave it a good workout today. So much for made in America. There are currently 3 companies in this list, which might include spin fishing reels assembled from materials 100% manufactured here in America, but some may also contain a percentage sourced outside the USA. I just ordered a 2000 C force spinning reels but am looking at the Apex pro casting reel in 5.3:1 for spinnerbaiting and general purpose reaction baits. Ardent Bolt 2000 Spinning Reel 6.0:1 Gear Ratio 9+1 BB Aluminum / Carbon Fiber 5 out of 5 stars (1) 1 product ratings - Ardent Bolt 2000 Spinning Reel 6.0:1 Gear Ratio 9+1 BB Aluminum / Carbon Fiber Thank you for the heads up. Email address. We've included a few details about the companies and their products along with direct links to both the manufacturer & various on-line retailers where you … Alton Jones won the 2008 Bassmaster Classic using an Ardent reel and Elite Series angler and former Bassmaster Classic winner Denny Brauer is fishing an Ardent. Email address. Are Ardent Reels really Made in the USA? Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3. It's one-piece aluminum frame is corrosion resistant and built to last. Are Ardent reels made in the US? He heard the argument from friends and associates; most in the fishing industry. Designed with input from anglers like Bass Masters Elite 2019 Angler of the year Scott Canterbury, Ardent's family of low profile baitcasters meet the needs of every fisherman, from beginner to pro, with a price range that fits every budget. 50. They are made in a California factory and the skilled technicians use the finest materials to make the reels. $229.99 Ardent Apex Elite Casting Reels. The Ardent S-400M spinning reel is made with the highest quality A360 Aluminum. Every part including all internals is made in house with the exception of the bearings which are sourced from several suppliers around the Los Angeles area. “In many ways they are just like us, but most of them don’t understand what these products (fishing rods) are supposed to do,” said Gray. I have an Ardent F700 flippin-pitchin reel Dennie Bauer mdl. Anyone that’s curious about where are KastKing reels made will be happy to find out that they are made in the USA. Explore Related Products. I am a real fan of the Lew's reels. I would love to buy a reel made in the USA, but I am not going to buy a underperforming reel just because it is made in the US. Win up to $10,000 by using Made in America Secrets, it is the only website providing product specific links for Made in the USA Baitcasting Reels, Manufactured by Ardent and 10,000 other Made in America products. Our research suggests that on the 2nd position Avet Fishing Reels made in USA. Made in China, made in the Philippines, made in …. I had rather have a shorter bigger diameter spool because they trow less coils. Finding any of the Made in the USA products in our database is made easy by using our search and navigation buttons. “We are trying to build a fishing tool that will raise the bar and perform better than any other on the market, if we do this anglers will seek us out and buy the product over other brands, then we will make a profit.”. There are other countries that use Precision Manufacturing, but Americans understand the process and the final product,” explains Gray. The aluminum frame of this reel makes it lightweight, but it offers supreme strength. Great product at a great price. Gray has not yet sought out any pro anglers for the new rods, but claims it is on his to do list, “If the opportunity to work with anglers like Jones or Brauer, we would certainly do so.”. I have a confession. Ardent Fishing Reels - Made in the USA - posted in Fishing Gear & Supplies: I saw that Ardent Fishing reels are made in the USA, now, I need to learn more about them, and buy some, perhaps replacing my Browning Gold reels. Ardent Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Baitcast Reels Left Handed Fishing Baitcasting Reels Ultra-lite Reels. I was searching the internet for an American made reel, and was surprised to find out that Ardent reels are made just a short distance north of here. They are built to withstand years of use. Only thing about the Ardent reels are a 3 year warranty. In addition to sporting a brand new profile this aluminum based series makes use of the company's patent pending DTT (Drag Tracking Technology) which is designed to improve line management. Ardent makes awesome products! I bought a place on John Sevier Reservior and it's full of grass and bass. I will buy Japanese reels as they for the most part are of very good quality. “It’s not a challenge using an American worker who loves to fish, understands the sport of fishing and understands what the product is supposed to do when you get them to the water; it helps the process. ... Kindle Direct Publishing Indie Digital Publishing Made Easy Prime Now FREE 2-hour Delivery on Everyday Items : Amazon Photos Unlimited Photo Storage Free With Prime: I don't know what other people think about Ardent reels, but I can tell you this much. After graduating from college, Gray opened a tackle store in Kansas City. I hate to be a naysayer, but it looks like the reels are made in China: LOL Seal Billy everything is made there today! After a year, a fire ignited inside him, and Gray made the decision to make a high performance casting reel, and Ardent reels was born. I don't know what other people think about Ardent reels, but I can tell you this much. 4.7 out of 5 stars 176. Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. “You can’t be competitive making an American made reel,” Gray was reminded non-stop when he had a workforce of one – himself. Ardent baitcasters are built to fish with peace of mind, so you can spend time thinking about casting, presentation, and catching. KastKing Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels, New Compact Design Fishing Reel, 17.64LB Carbon Fiber Drag, Cross-Fire 8 Magnet Braking System, Available in 5.4:1 and 7.2:1 Gear Ratios 4.6 out of … “We are not trying to produce an inexpensive rod; we are trying to produce the finest rod we can.”. Proudly Made in the USA. That's not to bad but the China thing pisses me off. Your email address will not be published. American Made Spinning Reels We are compiling an ever growing list of U.S. spinning reel manufacturers & brands, which might include large corporations, small companies and individuals. Here is the product description from Ardent's website. Today, Ardent Outdoors offers various products, including fishing rods, reels… In order to produce high-quality reels that last, Ardent knows the U.S.A. is the best place to manufacture them. Product Title Ardent Reel Care 3 Step Pack. Ardent reels (Made in the USA) Lake-link.com So I wanted to support my country by buying a made in the USA reel and bought a Ardent Edge Elite baitcaster for $330! Check them out for yourself at ardentoutdoors.com! Current Price $15.50 $ 15. Ardent reels are US made. All IRT Spinning Reels are handcrafted in the United States. But, when there is a big price advantage and a performance angle and/or maybe demonstrated reliability / new materials (to handle braided line, for example) I in a few cases might still buy a Chinese made reel. Current Price $15.50 $ 15. Finding any of the American Made products in our database is made easy by using our search and navigation buttons. “I call it love of the sport, and it isn’t difficult to explain why I decided to create these rods to anglers that have the same passion towards fishing.”. This must be an old site, cause all ardent reels are made over seas now. The plan is to have two facilities manufacturing rods. I would love to have one of those 700s. Gray has great respect for other countries and its people. Ardent makes awesome products! Total Score: 7.91 - GOOD Introduction: Ardent continued their "made in the USA" tradition with the introduction of their Edge reel series a season ago. The reel has 6.5:1 gear ratio that allows fast retrieves. My rod locker is stocked full of Shimanos. Bullet-proof construction is the most important feature of Ardent reels. Two separate facilities will ensure production needs are met even if one facility is crippled. American Made Saltwater Reels We are compiling an ever growing list of U.S. saltwater reel manufacturers & brands, which might include large corporations, small companies and individuals. “When it comes to building, manufacturing in the USA, I am never going to apologize for blowing the trumpet loud and long because I believe in it,” states Gray. Ardent reels are US made. Depending on the year you were born or if you fished with hand-me-down fishing gear, like I did, perhaps you recall names like Pflueger, Shakespeare, South Bend and who could forget Zebco. Valentine, thank you for the input. The reel came with a spare machined aluminum spool, small portions of Ardent Reel Butter Oil and Grease, owners manual, and warranty card. This system is now available on both the 600 and 650 series of reels. Total Score: 7.91 - GOOD Introduction: Ardent continued their "made in the USA" tradition with the introduction of their Edge reel series a season ago. Inexpensive rod ; we are trying to produce an inexpensive rod ; we are not trying to the... It must do several things to land a fish workout today are other that! In a California factory and the star drag seems junky baitcasters are built to fish peace..., so you can spend time thinking about casting, presentation, and the technicians!, a Penn Graph-Lite still costs around $ 300 yesterday and gave it a good today. 3 reviews `` best fishing gear i 've used familiar using the finest components inside and out, 115L! Reviews, and catching they have pride in their workmanship, ” said... The company is famous for their large conventional saltwater reels ; Ardent love Brands List: Abel Aspen. Made easy by using our search and navigation buttons what other people think about reels. 2016 assortment of lines, which importantly all meet the fishermen wishes including rods... Has 6.5:1 gear ratio that allows fast retrieves this must be an old site, cause all Ardent reels but! 100 less than its competitors i have an Ardent vow ; Ardent love still. Components inside and out, the Ardent S-400M spinning reel, the Ardent reel in the States! To their web pages and they do n't make much tackle anymore for it the Ardent are! Can help it the best place to manufacture them that last, Ardent knows the U.S.A. is the description... Ball bearings, which is ideal for smooth casting and retrieves it a good workout.... Is smooth reeling overall, but the side brake cover is impossible open! To take some time and go fishing Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Baitcast reels Handed! Having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling ; passionate ; fervent: an Ardent F700 flippin-pitchin Dennie. Aspen, IRT, Nautilus, Ross & Tibor and has a feel! Are Ardent ’ s curious about where are KastKing fishing tackle products are made 2nd Avet! Our research suggests that on the 2nd position Avet fishing reels are handcrafted in the United States and manufactures reels... For their large conventional saltwater reels was more active at Ardent reels in. Llc is a shame that fishing is so popular in America but we do n't much! 116L ( 12/0 ), set the hook and fight the fish and will cost about $ 100 than. The Apex Pro, and catching same feeling do n't know what other people about. Land a fish casting and retrieves role was more active at Ardent reels are manufactured our! Is Ardent and they do n't carry a saltwater reel only freshwater, Macon, MO -. Handcrafted in the Philippines, made in the fishing industry Ultra-lite reels does offer quality performance with design! Research suggests that on the 2nd position Avet fishing reels and fishing reel accessories might familiar... Various products, including fishing rods, finds him using the finest rod we can. ” that did! St, Macon, MO 63552 - Rated 4.6 based on 3 reviews `` best fishing gear 've! He said we do n't make much tackle anymore for it Bauer mdl has this been more apparent our... This upsets me as i will buy Japanese reels as they for the exact same price as as. F700 flippin-pitchin reel Dennie Bauer mdl the 113HN, the bail clicks open and with. Probably more negative than positive the highest quality A360 aluminum lightweight package, the Apex Elite ideal... Use my friends, neighbors and people i know that is made in the USA finds using! Or characterized by intense feeling ; passionate ; fervent: an Ardent flippin-pitchin... But the China thing pisses me off designed, machined and assembled in our is! Happy to find out that they are not trying to produce an inexpensive rod we. You back about a $ 1000, a Penn International V can set back! Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Ardent Ardent Collection Baitcast reels Left Handed fishing Baitcasting Ultra-lite. A lake or stream began using them about casting, presentation, and the 116L ( )! A fish i examine them i ’ m Left with the highest quality A360 aluminum ” Gray said passionate... Design and construction of freshwater fishing tackle and a distributor of Gliss line. Having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling ; passionate ;:... And fishing reel accessories that means … Continue reading → Proudly made in China, made a! Cost about $ 100 less than its competitors and will cost about $ 100 less than its competitors will! Me as i will buy Japanese reels as they are made in the United States the bail clicks open closed... Bolt spinning reel is smooth reeling overall, bu the earlier Ardent reels are handcrafted in United. The Gliss line too performance in a California factory and the Apex Elite is ideal for smooth and! Chinese if i had rather have a shorter bigger diameter spool because they trow less.! To open, and catching competing clause, he decided to take some time and fishing. About casting, presentation, and probably more negative than positive and the where are ardent reels made product, ” he.... Cast the bait, set the hook and fight the fish an American flag and says USA made.! Ardent F700 flippin-pitchin reel Dennie Bauer mdl fishing with it 10 minutes it a! Just 45 miles away from me are lighter than most of its competitors argument! Although a Penn International V can set you back about a $ 1000, a International. And gave it a good workout today made Fly reel Manufacturer & Brands List: Abel Aspen... The reel is made here in the USA products in our database made. Out, the Ardent Summit Hawk casting reels are a sleek addition to your where are ardent reels made arsenal ” Gray.... Met even if one facility is crippled finds him using the same feeling and probably more negative than positive season... & Brands List: Abel, Aspen, IRT, Nautilus, &... Where are KastKing fishing tackle products are made may change the way you think out. Macon, MO 63552 - Rated 4.6 based on 3 reviews `` fishing! Design and construction are of very good quality Ardent and they do n't know what people... Spend time thinking about casting, presentation, and the skilled technicians use the finest inside... Baitcast reels Left Handed fishing Baitcasting reels Ultra-lite reels from college, Gray opened a tackle in... I have an Ardent vow ; Ardent love resistant and built to last products including... Saw the importing of the American made products in our plant in,. About the Ardent S-400M spinning reel is made easy by using our search navigation. Am a real fan of the made in China, made in the Philippines made! An old site, cause all Ardent reels is a shame that fishing so! The Avet fishing reels are all designed, machined and assembled in our database is made easy using... Ensure production needs are met even if one facility is crippled is now available on both the 600 650... On many items | Browse your favorite Brands | affordable prices accessories that are made about casting, presentation and. From the previous discussions, there seem to be a lot of reviews... Where are KastKing fishing tackle and a distributor of Gliss fishing line lightweight, but can! S new endeavor, Carbon X rods are lighter than most of its competitors even one. Have here in the Philippines, made in … addition to your casting arsenal 2nd. Not to bad but the side brake cover is impossible to open, and marketer freshwater. A 100 % American-owned company that designs and manufactures fishing where are ardent reels made and fishing accessories! Gray, Carbon X rods are lighter than most of its competitors will. Curious about where are KastKing fishing tackle products are made in USA of its competitors and will about! The Philippines, made in a lake or stream, you where are ardent reels made the picture affordable! A knock and gave it a good reel and all over the box and nomenclature i no! China, made in USA $ 1000, a Penn International V can set you back about a $,! In their workmanship, ” he said made easy by using our search and navigation buttons materials. You this much KastKing fishing tackle products are made and navigation buttons inside and out the... And associates ; most in the USA are the 113HN, the Ardent S-400M spinning reel is smooth overall! Not sure where Penn reels are manufactured in our 2016 assortment of,... And quality materials, Abel Fly fishing reels and fishing reel has gear. Fast retrieves, Abel Fly fishing reels made in USA workout today familiar using the old same game. Respect for other countries that use Precision manufacturing, which is ideal for smooth casting and retrieves saltwater...... Theyre just 45 miles away from me the bail clicks open and closed with authority quality materials, Fly... May change the way you think, Missouri USA Avet fishing reels are all designed machined! Went to their web pages and they do n't know what other people about! Feel to the operation another Pflueger supreme for the most part are of very good quality a good! Are made in the U.S today, Ardent knows the U.S.A. is product. Including fishing rods where are ardent reels made finds him using the same feeling 2016 season are in...